It’s time for another instalment of Wine and Love created by Nora, and hosted by Suki. The concept is simple – each Thursday you post about what’s making you reach for the wine glass and what you’re loving.
- Work and school. It’s always the same. I’m not going to go into details.
- My grandfather’s been really unwell. I’m sad that he’s so uncomfortable. I’m frustrated that there isn’t anything that can be done to make him more comfortable and I’m mad the doctors are refusing to operate.
- My grandmother turned 80 this week! Can you imagine? She’s in good health, she’s pretty with it (what 80 year old do you know that has an iPad, a Twitter account and an eReader?!? My Gram does), and she volunteers still as a teacher at the senior’s centre. Amazing.
- Summer hours start at work this week! That means from now until Labour Day, my weekend starts at noon on Fridays.
- This weekend marks the first long weekend of the summer! Wooooo. I’m so looking forward to my 3.5 day-long weekend.
- I’m thinking about buying an eReader. Someone STOP ME. I was given some birthday money and I’ve gone from not spending anything to spending ALL THE MONEY. I think I need an intervention.
- I’m reading Deadlocked. I love these books. I don’t care what anyone says. I can hear you judging me. But they’re awesome. It’s been my first guilty pleasure read in a year.
What are you whining about and loving this week?
I’d just like to start off by saying when did it get to be Thursday? Seriously.
But it certainly is Thursday (I checked. Twice.) so that means it’s time for another instalment of Wine and Love created by Nora, and hosted by Suki. The concept is simple – each Thursday you post about what’s making you reach for the wine glass and what you’re loving.
- School and work; These remain a constant whine, so I’m combining them to save space and shake it up a bit. Work is just nightmarish. I got thisclose to stress overload last week, but I’m pretty insistent that I won’t let it get the best of me. School will be finished in about three weeks. I have a group project due. I don’t get the whole ‘group project’ deal at the college or post grad level. Gah.
- I’m sick. I’ve got this cough where if I moved, I’d start coughing and couldn’t stop. It’s gotten better but my back, chest and abs hurt from coughing so much. I’m not a patient person when I’m sick. I don’t like being slowed down
- I’m still kinda surfing the birthday high from last week. It was an awesome, awesome birthday. I had a great time, two birthday celebrations. I love any excuse to get together with my people.
- Good news! I love getting good news, and yesterday was the day for it.
- I’m buying a fridge. I know, it seems strange, but I’m so excited to replace the old, clunky, gross one that came with the house. If you know me and my germ issue, you should be impressed I’ve lived this long with someone else’s fridge.
- I have placement tomorrow and I absolutely love being there
What are you whinging about and loving this week?
I’m always looking for things to encourage me to ost on a more regular basis, because I find that once I start posting more regularly, it gets easier. That was my hope with Ten on Tuesdays and now with Wine & Love.
Wine and love was originally by Walking With Nora, but as of this week, will now be hosted by Suki. The concept is simple – each Thursday you post about what’s making you reach for the wine glass and what you’re loving.
- Work. I won’t go into specifics, but it’s busy and we don’t have the capacity to manage everything we’re trying to do. I’m feeling overworked and under-appreciated.
- Anxiety: My stress is boiling over into full out anxiety a little too often. Last night, full blown anxiety attack. I haven’t had one nearly that bad since Australia. I’m not impressed.
- School! I usually love school, but this time it’s been hard to manage the teacher’s expectations and have her understand that we have lives outside of school. I even had the instructor send me a snarky message about how much time I’m investing in the course. That has never happened to me in my years of post-secondary education.
- I scored 100% on my test last night after my teacher told me I sucked. That felt pretty good. I like proving people wrong.
- Work placement: My little safe haven of awesomeness. I get to experience a new work environment and it’s something new each day. I love, love, love it.
- Spring-like weather: Feels so good to have the sun on my face and to leave work before it’s dark. Nicer to play with the puppy outside in weather like this. I’m so glad the days are getting longer.
I’m sure there are other things going on that could be added to either list, but nothing I can remember at this point.
What are your wine & loves this week?