She crosses the street, takes the underpass to the main road. This is a route she’s walked every day, she could do it blindfolded.
On her right, there’s a pile of blankets against a brick wall.“Hey,” She says to the blankets. They move. A dirty face smiles at her, “Well, hello there.”She passes him a package, “Your lunch.”
Four men in business suits are walking towards them. Laughing, engaging in douchebaggery.
“Get a job!” One of them shouts towards the man in the blankets.
“I’d love a job,” he shouts back. “Can I borrow a suit?”
A drabble is a short work of fiction of one hundred words in length¹.
First published on drabblerousers.com
Every so often, I take up projects that I don’t finish. I’m hoping this is not one of them.
Blogger friends Edwin, Heather and their friend Amber started talking about talking on a Blog Every Day in June project (BEDJ). I’m typically not very good at this post-a-day business, but I’m always up for a new challenge.
We’re going to try to come up with themes, topics or prompts to help us through the month.
Feeling adventurous? Join us!
Or check out the other BEDJ participants:
I haven’t posted since last week’s Wine and Love. LAME. It’s been an insanely busy week. But it’s Thursday, so…it’s time for another instalment of Wine and Love created by Nora, and hosted by Suki. The concept is simple – each Thursday you post about what’s making you reach for the wine glass and what you’re loving.
- Work: This remains a pretty steady w(h)ine. After today, it should ease up a little bit, but I’m really starting to struggle managing my job and covering for my coworker while she’s off on medical leave.
- Insomnia has returned. I’ve had a really rough week with the sleeping stuff.
- I fail at eating regularly. This week, I’ve skipped lunch every day so far. Most days, I’ve skipped breakfast. I’m either too busy or not feeling well enough, but I know this will only compound my exhaustion. Gotta sort my life out, people. This is not good.
- I am LOVING my Kobo. After going back and forth on whether or not I should splurge, last Friday, I was gifted with a silver kobo touch. I’ve been reading heaps more and it’s to the point where I have to be like ‘Okay, I’m going to leave the kobo downstairs so I don’t take it to bed with me and stay up all night reading’.
- Replaced the old, germy fridge that came with the house last weekend. The new one is arriving this week. I’m entirely TOO excited about this!
- It’s a short week this week; Monday was a holiday and my weekend will start tomorrow at noon!
- I had the chance to run a training session again this week and it just reminded me of how much I like to do that and how much I love working in my chosen field. I don’t get to do it often enough, so it’s always a nice surprise when I do.
What are you whining about this week? What are you loving?