It’s Thursday — so time for another instalment of Wine and Love created by Nora, and hosted by Suki. The concept is simple – each Thursday you post about what’s making you reach for the wine glass and what you’re loving.
- The last few years, I’ve sunk into this pre-birthday mourning period. This year has been no different. Birthdays aren’t nearly as cool now as they were when I was 10, 11, 12 and having amazeball days filled with sparkles, finger painting and sleep-over parties. Blerg, I’m all emo. Someone please put me out of my misery.
- I’m almost two weeks into my nightmare of 8 weeks at work and I’m already feeling burnt out. This does not look good for the six weeks.
- I’ve not been sleeping well, and last night I had horrible, horrible, wake-up-screaming type nightmares. Sleep is a good thing. I need to get more of it.
- I’ve fallen in love with writing drabbles again. They’re super fun to write and I seem to be writing a bunch of them.
- I survived the hellish week that was last week and managed to pull off our big corporate event without anything too awful happening. Not bad, considering the job for running it was handed to me a week before it was to happen. It also gave me the opportunity to make better connections with higher-ups and my boss’s bosses.
- Jason Mraz’s new album makes my heart happy.
Wine and love was originally by Walking With Nora, but the reins have been handed over and it is now hosted by Suki. The concept is simple – each Thursday you post about what’s making you reach for the wine glass and what you’re loving.
- Work! My coworker had an accident and is in hospital recovering. She’ll be okay, which is really good news, but it also means for the next two months, I’m doing her job and my job. It means longer hours, more stress and I don’t get overtime or anything, so it’s hard to stay motivated when things are so nuts and I’m on the hook for things that I have no clue about.
- School! This sounds a lot like last week’s post, doesn’t it? With more work responsibilities, I have less time to spend on school and I have to figure out how I’m going to finish my work placement when I’m essentially chained to my desk for the next two months.
- Sad news: I’m going leave this one at that…
- My brother’s coming home for ten days! I miss him.
- Watching the Guild on Netflix
- …I know there’s more to add to this list, but it’s not coming to me right now.
- Oh, I LOVE that this week is nearly over. Then I can come up for air… Sort of.
I’m always looking for things to encourage me to ost on a more regular basis, because I find that once I start posting more regularly, it gets easier. That was my hope with Ten on Tuesdays and now with Wine & Love.
Wine and love was originally by Walking With Nora, but as of this week, will now be hosted by Suki. The concept is simple – each Thursday you post about what’s making you reach for the wine glass and what you’re loving.
- Work. I won’t go into specifics, but it’s busy and we don’t have the capacity to manage everything we’re trying to do. I’m feeling overworked and under-appreciated.
- Anxiety: My stress is boiling over into full out anxiety a little too often. Last night, full blown anxiety attack. I haven’t had one nearly that bad since Australia. I’m not impressed.
- School! I usually love school, but this time it’s been hard to manage the teacher’s expectations and have her understand that we have lives outside of school. I even had the instructor send me a snarky message about how much time I’m investing in the course. That has never happened to me in my years of post-secondary education.
- I scored 100% on my test last night after my teacher told me I sucked. That felt pretty good. I like proving people wrong.
- Work placement: My little safe haven of awesomeness. I get to experience a new work environment and it’s something new each day. I love, love, love it.
- Spring-like weather: Feels so good to have the sun on my face and to leave work before it’s dark. Nicer to play with the puppy outside in weather like this. I’m so glad the days are getting longer.
I’m sure there are other things going on that could be added to either list, but nothing I can remember at this point.
What are your wine & loves this week?