It’s time for another instalment of Wine and Love created by Nora, and hosted by Suki. The concept is simple – each Thursday you post about what’s making you reach for the wine glass and what you’re loving.
- Work and school. It’s always the same. I’m not going to go into details.
- My grandfather’s been really unwell. I’m sad that he’s so uncomfortable. I’m frustrated that there isn’t anything that can be done to make him more comfortable and I’m mad the doctors are refusing to operate.
- My grandmother turned 80 this week! Can you imagine? She’s in good health, she’s pretty with it (what 80 year old do you know that has an iPad, a Twitter account and an eReader?!? My Gram does), and she volunteers still as a teacher at the senior’s centre. Amazing.
- Summer hours start at work this week! That means from now until Labour Day, my weekend starts at noon on Fridays.
- This weekend marks the first long weekend of the summer! Wooooo. I’m so looking forward to my 3.5 day-long weekend.
- I’m thinking about buying an eReader. Someone STOP ME. I was given some birthday money and I’ve gone from not spending anything to spending ALL THE MONEY. I think I need an intervention.
- I’m reading Deadlocked. I love these books. I don’t care what anyone says. I can hear you judging me. But they’re awesome. It’s been my first guilty pleasure read in a year.
What are you whining about and loving this week?
It had been a while since she’d been back to the club. She had been busy, but truthfully, she’d be actively avoiding running into him. She dressed purposely tonight. The intent was to catch his attention. Yet it was nearly 1am and he was nowhere to be seen. She decided she was going to have a good time, despite the fact things were not going according to plan.
She was getting ready to leave when he grabbed her wrist, “Hey.”
“Hi,” she feigned indifference.
“You looking for me?” He pulled her close.
“Right,” his lips brushed hers, “Let’s go.”
A drabble is a short work of fiction of one hundred words in length¹.
I’d just like to start off by saying when did it get to be Thursday? Seriously.
But it certainly is Thursday (I checked. Twice.) so that means it’s time for another instalment of Wine and Love created by Nora, and hosted by Suki. The concept is simple – each Thursday you post about what’s making you reach for the wine glass and what you’re loving.
- School and work; These remain a constant whine, so I’m combining them to save space and shake it up a bit. Work is just nightmarish. I got thisclose to stress overload last week, but I’m pretty insistent that I won’t let it get the best of me. School will be finished in about three weeks. I have a group project due. I don’t get the whole ‘group project’ deal at the college or post grad level. Gah.
- I’m sick. I’ve got this cough where if I moved, I’d start coughing and couldn’t stop. It’s gotten better but my back, chest and abs hurt from coughing so much. I’m not a patient person when I’m sick. I don’t like being slowed down
- I’m still kinda surfing the birthday high from last week. It was an awesome, awesome birthday. I had a great time, two birthday celebrations. I love any excuse to get together with my people.
- Good news! I love getting good news, and yesterday was the day for it.
- I’m buying a fridge. I know, it seems strange, but I’m so excited to replace the old, clunky, gross one that came with the house. If you know me and my germ issue, you should be impressed I’ve lived this long with someone else’s fridge.
- I have placement tomorrow and I absolutely love being there
What are you whinging about and loving this week?